Monday, July 16, 2012

Robert Bloch - Untitled Painting, 1957

ROBERT BLOCH - Fantasy painting, 1957 Yes, the Robert Bloch best known for having written the novel that went on to become Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece, Psycho. I was unaware, until seeing this painting, that he was an artist as well as a writer. Read more on Robert's life and career, as well as his association with H.P Lovecraft, at his Wikipedia page.

 If anyone knows where more of Robert's paintings can be found online, please share a link in the comments, thanks!

4 comments:

Marcel Ruijters said...

Interesting post Aeron! I was wondering, could this be an ironic self portrait. This also reminds me of Rosaleen Norton.

Aeron said...

It could well be, and Norton is an artist that is long overdue for a proper post on here, if I can ever find enough decent sized copies of her work, it will happen. I stumbled onto this interview with her the previous month. http://youtu.be/6XX_zSeaeQY

Dr. Theda said...

Cool and "Creepy"....
I like the use of Green and Yellow... and the "broken faded" look it has....

Lisa said...

VERY! COOL! I didn't know he painted at all.