Monday, October 05, 2009

Pinball Machines - Aliens, Killer Spaceships and Cosmic Abominations!










While Space Invaders is a blatant rip off of H.R Giger's alien design, it goes further by copying much of Giger's biomechanical designs from his paintings. Interestingly, the biomechanical style kind of looks like it was originally intended for pinball machines. It really works great in the design of the machine. I'm really curious what Giger might have come up with if he'd designed his own pinball games.







































4 comments:

Nendy Den said...

I used to stare for ages at these sorts of images in the amusements when I went to Great Yarmouth (UK) on holiday as a kid. They disturbed me deeply but I HAD to look, just like I HAD to stare at my older cousin's scary Iron Maiden and 2000AD posters. Thanks for posting these up.

Nendy Den said...

I used to stare for ages at these sorts of images in the amusements when I went to Great Yarmouth (UK) on holiday as a kid. They disturbed me deeply but I HAD to look, just like I HAD to stare at my older cousin's scary Iron Maiden and 2000AD posters. Thanks for posting these up.

Nendy Den said...

I used to stare for ages at these sorts of images in the amusements when I went to Great Yarmouth (UK) on holiday as a kid. They disturbed me deeply but I HAD to look, just like I HAD to stare at my older cousin's scary Iron Maiden and 2000AD posters. Thanks for posting these up.

riley said...

Awesomeness overload. This is like outsider art at its finest.