Saturday, January 23, 2021

Fifteen Years of Monster Brains!

MONSTER  BRAINS LOGO - AERON ALFREY ESIGN

I created Monster Brains fifteen years ago today, January 23 2006. I started the site by sharing the art of Mat Brinkman, Wayne Barlowe, Ernst Fuchs and Zdzislaw Beksinski. Monster Brains has grown from a link sharing blog to more of a dedicated gallery onto itself. One of the highlights from consistently posting over the past decade and a half was having film director Guillermo del Toro proclaim the site "One of the greatest websites in the world: MONSTER BRAINS!!" 

I'm a working artist and keeping the site updated over the years while making a living as an artist has grown more difficult. That said, I'm still devoted to keeping it updated with an ever growing collection of obscure and interesting monster related art. 

 It takes many hours tracking down artwork, scanning, editing, cleaning up and formatting much of the content shared on the site. You can show your support by donating any amount.  The donation link can be found in the top right, thank you!

5 comments:

Abraham Martínez said...

¡Gracias!

Richard Herendeen said...

Congratulations!

Mr. Cavin said...

I don't comment much, but I love this place. Thank you so much for making and maintaining it. I come here nearly every day.

The Cave of the Dead said...

I don't comment nearly often enough. But I've adored this site for at least the better part of a decade. It's a rare beacon of *consistant* inspiration and beauty (even when the subject matter is horrible) on the internet.

alexkoti said...

Thank you very much!!! :)