Thursday, February 04, 2010

John R. Neill

Illustrations L Frank Baum's "John Dough and the Cherub" from 1906. The entire book along with all other illustrations can be found at

An assortment of bookplates can be found here.


crabula said...

The only old illustrations I had ever seen for the Oz books were Denslow's. They're great but kind of too simplistic for my taste. I always thought they didn't do full justice to Baum's vision. These other artists's works are what I had always wished existed. Thanks!

Also: I recommend a website: Volunteers read public domain books and post as .mp3s. L. Frank Baum's "The Enchanted Island of Yew" was very entertaining.

Also: I noticed the drawing of the dandy gentleman in the process of recieving the unwelcomed affection of a bear....I see a pattern developing here!

crabula said...

here's the link: