Friday, March 20, 2009

Don Ivan Punchatz - Gods of Riverworld (cover fragment)
edit - Thanks Ben Catmull and the other Monster Brains viewer for providing the background information on this insane artwork!

Weird, this artist apparently designed the Doom videogame logo.


Anonymous said...

This is a cover design for the book "Gods of Riverworld" by Philip Jose Farmer. Other covers, and this one, can be seen here:

Ben Catmull said...

Whaoh! When I was a kid I bought this book for my dad for his birthday purely based on the cover. It was called something like "The Gods of Riverworld". I never read it, though

Aeron said...

Ah, thanks for the info! Now I'm going to have to hunt down a full sized image of that cover.

Anonymous said...

My Dad, who painted the cover died a few weeks ago. I am going to miss that man...This was one of my favorite works
Greg Punchatz