Sunday, February 01, 2009

Random Pictures




























edit - These are pictures that I had sitting around in no paricular order so I don't know the origins of many of them. Most should be obvious as being props, costumes and screenshots of various monster flicks. For people not familiar with the girl being consumed by the large head, that is one of my favorite creations of Screaming Mad George. It is a wretched snake beast that Freddy Krueger turns into in... I think the third Nightmare On Elm Street film? I hope to gather a solid colletion of examples from Screaming Mad George's paintings and sculptures to do a post on in the future. An old issue of Art? Alternative has a great article on him with photos of his incredible artworks. I'll have to dig that issue up and scan some pics out of it.

8 comments:

A. Boyd C. said...

That costume from The Swamp thing really looks kinna crappy out of context.

Loved the Night Fright pictures though.

Ryan said...

Hmm, what's that one on the bottom with the monster train? I'm massively intrigued and stuff.

Scythemantis said...

I'd love to know what #6 was created for...

KingUnicorn said...

#6 looks to be the work of the Chapman Brothers. Possibly from their massive work "F*cking Hell."

http://www.jakeanddinoschapman.com/ - that will take you to a video of the larger piece...

I really want to know what film the image depicting the blonde girl being consumed by the goblin-like head is from. That's not from one of the Poltergeist films is it?

Scythemantis said...

I think it's one of the Nightmare on Elm Street films, looks like Freddy Kreuger's head and he changes shape a lot.

A. Boyd C. said...

The blonde girl getting eaten is from one of the Friday the 13'th movies. The "goblin-like head" is freddy krueger

Aeron said...

Here's a terrible looking toy version of the Freddy Snake - http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/images/contemp/freddysnake.jpg

They should have had you sculpt it, King Unicorn, I'm sure you would have done it justice!

Aaron said...

Props for The Thing, one of my favorite horror movies, and definitely my favorite of John Carpenter's. It would be cool to see some other shots of the alien from that movie. Very bizarre stuff.